6 Reasons to Model Nude For a Top Photographer
By Shawn Petrovich of Totally Ripped of Los Angeles, which specializes in photography and video of fitness models.
There are reasons why an aspiring model should consider posing for tasteful nudes with a big city photographer. Yes, there are good reasons to pose without a stitch of clothing. Wearing nothing. Nada. Everything exposed.
Before we give you the reasons, let's first make two things clear:
1) You should not pose for trashy photos. Trashy photos will cheapen you and ruin your career before it gets started. You should only pose for artistic nudes. Artfullness is a crucial factor and can only be obtained from the right photographer.
2) Saying you will pose nude instantly opens doors for you. Just make sure they are the "right" doors. You should always be highly selective with whom you pose nude. Read how to choose the right photographer.
3) You need not show your face in the image. Its all about being marketable because you were willing to be nude on a photo set - and are thus not conservative. Nude can be all about the model's body, not face.
Posing nude can jump-start your modeling career:
1) Competition is fierce in male modeling. There are more guys who want to model than there are Model Jobs. Supply of models is greater than demand for models. Supply is the guys who want to model wearing clothes. Demand is the professionals who have modeling jobs to offer. There are no shortage of guys who are willing to pose in jeans or underwear. There are much less guys who are willing to pose for photos in which their penis is exposed.
Photographers receive many photos from aspiring models who submit photos showing them wearing jeans. They sort through applicants to choose the few guys who are comfortable showing off their body, and ignore the conservative guys. If you were a photographer who needed one female model for a modeling job, whom would YOU choose? One of the 200 girls who are only willing to pose in a one-piece swimsuit or one of few girls who are willing to pose topless?
2) If you have worked out body, you should show it off - because you will not have it forever. You have been in the gym for years, but there are only a handful of people in the world who have seen you out of underwear. You have a lot to be proud of: pecs, abs, legs, glutes and an overall package that most men probably envy. Skinny guys look like crap when naked. Guys with muscular or lean bodies look good.
3) Photographers can make or break a model's career. Most male model photographers will go the extra mile for a guy who will show all.
4) Successful male models pose nude. When they first began modeling, they were apprehensive about disrobing, then learned to not be conservative. New models can compete against these more established models by posing nude.
5) Industry professionals who hire models will see your modeling portfolio. Having a nude photo in your modeling portfolio shows these decision-makers that you are flexible and are probably willing to do almost all poses.
6) New models who are comfortable being naked can compete against athletes who model. Athletes are typically ones who are most willing to pose nude because they walk around locker rooms naked after games. They are the type who don't have the shame that the rest of us have.
If you are ready to become a male model, consider our innovative advice on how to get your modeling career started locally, on your college campus. Its a fun way for you and 11 of your on-campus buddies to take a giant leap ahead of other aspiring models!